Friday, February 19, 2010
Grandpa
My grandpa used to always have a diet coke and a day old or older chocolate chocolate doughnut pretty regularly. You know the chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting. Grandpa would buy the day old doughnuts and they would be really dry and you'd have to chase it with the diet coke to get it to go down. Those will always remind me of him. For some reason the last week or so all I have wanted was a chocolate chocolate doughnut. Today I was ready to have it with a diet coke, but I kept telling myself that I am trying to stay healthy. But after I was left with 3 children I couldn't resist to at least get my doughnut. So tonight I strategically rented a movie from the red box at Bowman's and went to pick it up about 6:45 pm. Then I went to the doughnut case and found only one chocolate chocolate doughnut left. I snagged it and decided I better not go home without getting everyone one. Then I wandered the store picking up a few items to arrive at the checkout about 7:05, which meant 1/2 price doughnuts to beat. When I arrived home I slowly devoured my doughnut and remembered how delicious they were and was thinking of grandpa the whole time. All I was missing was my diet coke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love memories like that; especially when it is such a strong connection that you think of that person every time you see that item. I can even remember the smells from certain memories.
ReplyDelete