Monday, January 4, 2010
Trying to be healthy
So I'm really trying hard to be the super healthy person I was before having children and having kid snacks and food around the house. I made homemade granola the other night and forgot how I totally love it. I love to eat it plain and especially with some yogurt. I'm trying some new yogurt, Activia. I like it, it has less calories than most yogurts and doesn't have aspartame in it. I also found yogurt for babies by the same brand and my little one loves it. I have also tried some new bread my mom introduced me to. It is called Sandwich Thins, multi grain bread by Oroweat. It isn't the cheapest bread, but it is pretty healthy, 5 g of fiber and 100 calories. It reminds me of pita bread but better. I've had it now with tuna, PB and honey, and chicken salad sandwich. Next time we go backpacking we're going to take this bread because it is already thin and can't be smashed any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just bought some of the bread this week and I like it. We even used it to make mini pizzas for lunch.
ReplyDelete